Advancing Sustainability Leaders (ASL) is an innovative program for managers and emerging leaders in Western Sydney local government. It aims to develop the capacity of participants to become effective sustainability leaders and catalysts of change within their council to increase the delivery of leading practice water projects. The ASL program commenced in July 2014 and will run until March 2015.
- provides access to skills, coaching and networks that support the role of sustainability leaders as catalysts of organisational change
- facilitates social networking and learning among emerging sustainability leaders
- builds the leadership capacity of managers and emerging leaders in local government to deliver effective water-related sustainability projects
- fosters support within councils for sustainability leaders and their initiatives
- facilitates the delivery of innovative sustainability projects that use learning as a tool for creating change
- encourages the integration of education into other sustainability programs and activities within local government.
For more information, download the Program Overview.
ASL is being funded by the NSW Environmental Trust, The program will be delivered by WSROC with project partner Metropolitan Water Directorate (MWD). It builds on the successful program with the same title which was run by MWD’s Water for Life program in 2012.